Top 5 Blue Mountain Coffee Lifestyle Hacks
World famous Blue Mountain Coffee from Jamaica has a reputation as a special 'must-have' gourmet treat when visiting Jamaica. Here are some other ways to enjoy Jamaican coffee, and take treating yourself to a whole new level.
- A cup of used coffee grounds in the fridge helps to neutralise odor, and works just as well as the baking soda you normally may use.
- Use coffee grounds as a cleansing scrub for the house or even a facial! Grounds are great for your face, but fresh ground coffee beans may do a better job. It's a great way household cleaning hack to get those pots and pans sparkling clean. Add them to your kitchen sponge for a clean scrub.
- Conceal scratches or cracks on dark wood furniture. Coffee grounds are a perfect match to cover the flaws, matching the shade of the furniture like a good under eye concealer.
- A repellant to keep away insects from your plants. When added to soil or shaped in a ring round the stem, coffee grounds help to ward off ants and slugs.
- Boost your plants by adding grounds to your watering can or mixing them into the soil for a nitrogen boost.
- Another use for the power scrub is as an exfoliant to remove dead skin and smells from foods such as fish and garlic. Just rub a handful between your palms for the magic to work.
- by Monique Solomon