What to Pack for Your Jamaica Vacation!
What’s in Your Bag? A Guide to Packing for Your Jamaica Vacation!
When traveling to Jamaica for the first time, you may wonder what you should pack before you get here. Everyone has their own inclinations, but this guide is a big step in the right direction to help you prepare.
Here are 15 Top Travel Tips to make sure you are prepared:
• Don’t overpack clothing. Overpacking is one of the most common mistakes travelers make when heading to the Caribbean, and they are often surprised at how many outfits they didn’t need. Being here isn’t about making fashion statements. It’s all about having a good time and living in the moment. Take note of these key clothing tips.
• Comfort is key. Islanders embrace a laid-back lifestyle so keep comfort in mind. Have comfy shoes and sandals that you won’t mind walking around in. Bring a maximum of two pairs of heels that you can wear with different outfits for upscale outings.
• The lighter the better.The clothes that you bring will need to be made of material that is breathable to keep you from getting too hot.
• Bring the basics. Basic shirts and bottoms that can be mixed and matched will allow you to make multiple outfits with half the items, leaving extra room for other essentials.
• Dress a little more on the conservative side for every day,because it's important to be respectful of cultural values. Local women aren't very flashy and revealing, and you don’t want to be inappropriate. Save the sexy outfit for an evening at a dancehall if you get to have that experience.
• Have at least two'Go to' dressy wrinkle-free outfits. Have a few dressy outfits because fine dining establishments and nightclubs enforce a more formal dress code.
• Camouflage clothing is on the “DON’T” list here. Forgo the style until you return home.
• Christmas time can get chilly. Depending on when you visit, bring a sweater for the chilly night air.
• Have diverse swimwear. What’s a trip to Jamaica without spending a lot of time at the beach? There are many water sports and lounging options all around. Bring a few different style swimsuits to best suit all activities so you can make the most of your vacation in Jamaica.
• Pack your snorkel gear. You will definitely save money if you bring your own snorkeling gear instead of buying or renting it here.
• Bring items that shield you from the sun. The sun’s rays can get intense here. Bring sunscreen, sunglasses, and hats for protection
• Keep insect repellent on hand. Keep those pesky bugs away. Insects will not only leave you with bites, they can also carry illnesses like ZikA, ChikV and Dengue.
• Have a multi-functional beach bag. A beach bag of good size and with different compartments can go with you to the beach and double as a carry-on bag when you fly
• Have your ID handy. Identification should be kept on hand at all times (along with other legal documentation, such as passports). Make a copy of these important documents in case something gets lost
• Have portable electronics (with chargers and protectors). A cell phone is a must and many of them feature exceptional cameras. Bring a separate camera to take pictures of the incredible scenery and exciting events in case your phone falls low on battery power while you are out. Don’t forget to bring your iPod or preferred mp3 player.
• Leave some things behind. Ladies, your favorite makeup and jewelry can stay home. During your time in Jamaica, you don’t need to worry about runny makeup and high fashion during the hot days. A few essentials will be enough to doll you up for the nightlife scene, especially because you'll want to show off that glowing tan!
All that's left now is to enjoy your holiday in Jamaica!